Charity Hats Made In 2010

Saturday, January 23, 2010

What do you want to do with your life!!??

A Yarn Review and A Pattern.

In many ways, I feel like crocheters have to be like high school guidance counselors with a new crop of freshmen when it comes to independently produced yarns.  Sometimes, they're forthcoming and straightforward but with others, you may have to try several different hooks and techniques before a yarn will tell you what it wants to be. 



Knit Picks Suri Dream has a thin nylon base with a plus-size halo of Alpaca/Peruvian Wool.  At first glance, you would think that a yarn this special would need something complex to showcase it, but in reality it's the opposite.  

After a few turns I discovered that this one speaks for itself.  It says "Hello, my name is  Suri Dream  and I will allow a very simple stitch to dance like a prom queen in a warm and soft, yet light and lofty kind of way."  So that's what I did.  With a simple V stitch, I was able to get a nice, long length out of two balls and a 6.00 hook and it isn't weighty at all. 

Hookers, I give you the "I Wanna Rock" scarf.



Materials - Two balls of Knit Picks Suri Dream in the colorway of your choice. (The ball band says it's a Super Bulky, but I don't buy it, btw. ) 

Hook:  J (6:00)

Notions:  Carrots and peanut butter are two great tastes that go great together.  Oh, and you might need a yarn needle.  

Ch 18.
Row 1:  DC in the second chain from the hook.  *Skip 1  stitch and V stitch in the next.* Repeat * thru* and dc in the last stitch. 
Row 2 - Chain 2. DC in the first dc, V stitch in each V stitch. DC in the last stitch.
Row 3 through whatever - Repeat Row 2 until you run out of yarn, or leave yourself enough yarn to make a fringe if you want. I'm not a fringe sort of girl, so I didn't bother. 

Fasten off and weave in your ends.  Put a fringe on if you're so inclined. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment